Take a minute to quiet your mind and heart. Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and just relax!
Pray, “Lord, open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” Psalm 119:18
Read the passage carefully (more than once if you have time).
Use these questions to help you reflect on the passage:
- What does the passage say about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit?
- What does the passage say about humankind?
- Is there something for which to praise God?
- Is there a truth to believe?
- Is there a sin to confess?
- Is there an error to avoid?
- Is there any promise to claim?
- Is there an attitude to change?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there any command to obey?
- Is there a prayer to pray?
Now turn to the Lord in prayer. The ACTS pattern is a helpful guide when praying:
A = Adoration
C = Confession
T = Thanksgiving
S = Supplication/Asking
You may wish to record in written form any key insights you gained or a prayer.
Look for an opportunity to share what you have learned with someone else. Remember, what you give away you keep, but what you keep to yourself you lose.