Rosebank Union Church has a ministry at Park Care, which provides pastoral care for the various needs of the residents and staff. There are many residents who would really appreciate connection; someone to talk with, someone to listen to their story, or simply to give them a hug or hold their hand – and that is what we do for them.
Over and above that, we also do the following:
- Give communion to staff and residents either at services or individually
- Conduct funerals when residents pass away
- Visit residents when they have been admitted into hospital
- Hold services at “Forget Me Not” (the Alzheimer’s section), where we provide music, snacks, Bible readings and communion
- Co-ordinate the clothing donation shop. This shop is open twice a week and residents come and choose items of clothing they need
- Provide training for the staff on an ad hoc basis in areas such as interpersonal skills, care, communication and grief