Little Lambs operates during both morning services. The cry room is available for all services.
Babies (0 – 6 months)
Parents with babies under 6 months of age are welcome to participate in the service from the baby room (located behind the one-way glass at the back of the auditorium). A toilet, changing facilities and a dedicated feeding room are available.
Little Lambs (6 months – 24 months)
Little Lambs exists to partner with parents in discipling children who are between six and 24 months old. We run a program on Sunday mornings during both morning services.
Little Lambs is all about creating a safe and fun place for toddlers to experience God’s love. We seek to lay a biblical foundation through Bible-stories, songs, fun activities and crafts. We also aim to show Jesus’ character and love through the way we interact with children.
We want each little one to know that:
- God made them;
- God loves them, and that;
- Jesus wants to be their friend forever.
We also want each child to feel like they are special members of our church family.
That said, Little Lambs is also about loving, supporting and partnering with parents who have children in this age group. We do this by:
- Giving parents the confidence that their children and safe and cared for, so that they can enjoy corporate worship with the rest of the church family;
- Providing opportunities for parents to find significant community. Being a parent with young children can be challenging and lonely. So, in addition to loving children, we seek to love, care for and encourage parent;
- Allowing parents room for flexibility. If parents prefer to stay with their child in Little Lambs, they are able to view the service on our screen.
Ages 2 – 5
Bible Adventure Club
Bible Adventure Club exists to partner with parents in discipling children who are between two and five years old. We run a program on Sunday mornings during both morning services.
Bible Adventure Club is all about adventuring through God’s big Book, exploring who God is and what He has done for us. We sing songs, read stories, play games and have lots of fun learning about our Forever-friend and King, Jesus Christ. We also seek to encourage and equip parents so that they can play an active role in discipling their children.
Through this we hope to see our little adventurers:
- Love God’s Word;
- Know Jesus personally (in addition to knowing about God), treasure him and trust in him;
- Know who they are because of Jesus;
- Feel loved, safe, valued, and cared for as special members of the Rosebank Union Church family;
- Have their hearts are transformed by the gospel and as a result demonstrate Jesus’ love in the way they relate to their parents, family, friends, neighbours and teachers; and
- Boldly tell others about Jesus and what he has done for us.
Little adventurers’ and our dedicated team of teachers and helpers follow this routine each Sunday:
- Check-in and supervised free-play outside or inside with playdough, toys and puzzles
- Worship songs
- Introductory activity or discussion linked to the key point
- Bible story and gospel-connection
- Time for prayer
- Game to further illustrate the key point
- Short discussion time
- Memory verse taught through games, songs, and actions (one verse learned over a term)
- Craft activity linked to the key point
Kids Bible School
Kids’ Bible School exists to partner with parents in discipling Grade 0-5 children. We run a program on Sunday mornings during both morning services.
Kids’ Bible School is all about creating a fun, safe environment where kids can:
- Be reached with the gospel;
- Be equipped through relevant, engaging, biblical teaching to follow Jesus;
- Belong to a significant community;
- Worship God with others;
- Be equipped to share the gospel and be salt and light where they live, learn and play; and
- Learn how to use their gifts to serve others and participate in the Great Commission.
We also seek to encourage and equip parents so that they can play an active role in discipling their children.
Grade 0-5s and our dedicated team of teachers and small group leaders follow this routine each Sunday:
- Supervised free-play upon arrival and check-in
- Welcome and prayer
- Ice-breaker (linked to the key point)
- Large group Bible teaching
- Small group time (Including discussion, a game, a memory verse, prayer, and a craft)
- Large group worship
Junior Youth (Grades 0-7)
Spark (Grades 0-4)
Our vision is to see the hearts of primary school children set on fire for God. We want them to come to a saving relationship with Jesus, to continue to grow in it and to help others do the same.
We seek to do this by providing an irresistibly fun environment where children can learn about Jesus and build community. We are dedicated to providing a safe space to ask questions and receive gospel-centred teaching. And, we want to partner with parents so they can help to keep kids’ fire for God burning.
We meet on Friday evenings from 18h00 – 19h30 during the GDE school term and host a Family Friday where parents can join once a term.
Squad 1:16 (Gr 5-7)
We recognise that 11-13 year olds are in a unique stage of life and have unique needs. They are no longer little children, but also not yet teenagers. As Dan Scott writes in ‘Caught In Between: Engage Your Preteens Before They Check Out’, preteens are ‘a bundle of paradoxes: complex and simple; curious and naïve; abstract and concrete; physically maturing and acting immature’.
We seek to create environments for our preteens where we can reach them where they are while, at the same time, partnering with parents in preparing preteens to navigate the next phase they are growing into. We seek to help our preteens to be rooted in truth – God’s Word – and their identity in Jesus, so they can build their lives on him and grow strong in their faith (Colossians 2:7).
We meet on Friday evenings from 17h30 – 19h00 during the GDE school term, spaces are limited so please register before!