The Baby Room is available for all services.
Parents with babies under 6 months of age are welcome to participate in the service from the baby room (located behind the one-way glass at the back of the auditorium). A toilet, changing facilities and a dedicated feeding room are available.
Ages 6 months – 2 Years
Little Lambs exists to partner with parents in discipling children who are between six and 24 months old. The Little Lambs facility is available during both worship services.
Little Lambs is all about creating a safe and fun place for toddlers to experience God’s love, and about loving, supporting and partnering with parents who have children in this age group.
In Little Lambs, parents can participate in the worship service (streamed through the TV and speakers) while their little ones can have fun in a secure environment. We also hope that parents will be able to find significant community and build encouraging friendships.
Ages 2 – 5 Years
Bible Adventure Club
Bible Adventure Club exists to partner with parents in discipling children who are between two and five years old. We run a program on Sunday mornings during the 10am worship service.
Bible Adventure Club is all about adventuring through God’s big Book, exploring who God is and what He has done for us. We sing songs, read stories, play games and have lots of fun learning about our Forever-friend and King, Jesus Christ. We also seek to encourage and equip parents so that they can play an active role in discipling their children.
Through this we hope to see our little adventurers:
- Love God’s Word;
- Know Jesus personally (in addition to knowing about God), treasure him and trust in him;
- Know who they are because of Jesus;
- Feel loved, safe, valued, and cared for as special members of the Rosebank Union Church family;
- Have their hearts are transformed by the gospel and as a result demonstrate Jesus’ love in the way they relate to their parents, family, friends, neighbours and teachers; and
- Boldly tell others about Jesus and what he has done for us.
Little adventurers’ and our dedicated team of teachers and helpers follow this routine each Sunday:
- Check-in and supervised free-play outside or inside with playdough, toys and puzzles
- Worship songs
- Introductory activity or discussion linked to the key point
- Bible story and gospel-connection
- Time for prayer
- Game to further illustrate the key point
- Short discussion time
- Memory verse taught through games, songs, and actions (one verse learned over a term)
- Craft activity linked to the key point
Explorers exists to partner with parents in discipling Grade 0-4 children. We run a program on Sunday mornings during the 10am worship service.
Explorers is all about creating a fun, safe environment where kids can:
- Be reached with the gospel;
- Be equipped through relevant, engaging, biblical teaching to follow Jesus;
- Belong to a significant community;
- Worship God with others;
- Be equipped to share the gospel and be salt and light where they live, learn and play; and
- Learn how to use their gifts to serve others and participate in the Great Commission.
We also seek to encourage and equip parents so that they can play an active role in discipling their children.
Grade 0-4s and our dedicated team of teachers and small group leaders follow this routine each Sunday:
- Supervised free-play upon arrival and check-in
- Welcome and prayer
- Ice-breaker (linked to the key point)
- Large group Bible teaching
- Small group time (Including discussion, a game, a memory verse, prayer, and a craft)
- Large group worship
We recognise that 11-13 year olds are in a unique stage of life and have unique needs. They are no longer little children, but also not yet teenagers. As Dan Scott writes in ‘Caught In Between: Engage Your Preteens Before They Check Out’, preteens are ‘a bundle of paradoxes: complex and simple; curious and naïve; abstract and concrete; physically maturing and acting immature’.
At Squad 1:16 we seek to create environments for our preteens where we can reach them where they are while, at the same time, partnering with parents in preparing preteens to navigate the next phase they are growing into. We seek to help our preteens to be rooted in truth – God’s Word – and their identity in Jesus, so they can build their lives on him and grow strong in their faith (Colossians 2:7).
The name Squad 1:16 is based on Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes”. This is our prayer for every member of our Squad!
We meet on Friday evenings from 17h30 – 19h00 during the GDE school term, we’d love to see you there!
The purpose of this resource is to equip parents / carers to engage with their children on Sunday’s lesson during the week. It is a part of our larger mission to equip parents to disciple their children.
We hope each Connect Card will help:
- You to connect with your children while you discuss God’s Word with them,
- Your children to ‘connect the dots’ as they discuss the lesson with you, and
- Your family to connect with Jesus throughout the week.
A seven week series on understanding Jesus from the Gospel of Mark.
Our Sunday children’s programmes rely on an army of committed volunteers. If you are interested in serving in this vibrant ministry,
please fill in the volunteer form!
If you would like to find out more about the Children’s Ministry, please phone the church office to speak to one of the team: +27 11 784 6214
Alternatively please fill in the contact form.