We need volunteers!
We have a particular need for volunteers from the church to join our existing team at Park Care and to visit some of the residents, particularly those with Alzheimer’s. We welcome people who are interested in visiting Park Care to see what it’s all about and decide if it is a place where you can use your gifting.
About Park Care
Park Care is a residential and frail care facility in Parktown, where persons with various needs are cared for. Park Care offers specialized services and care to those with Alzheimer’s, the aged and people in need of medical attention.
What do we do at Park Care?
Rosebank Union Church has a ministry at Park Care, which provides pastoral care for the various needs of the residents and staff. There are many residents who would really appreciate connection; someone to talk with, someone to listen to their story, or simply to give them a hug or hold their hand – and that is what we do for them.
Over and above that, we also do the following:
- Give communion to staff and residents either at services or individually
- Conduct funerals when residents pass away
- Visit residents when they have been admitted into hospital
- Hold services at “Forget Me Not” (the Alzheimer’s section), where we provide music, snacks, Bible readings and communion
- Co-ordinate the clothing donation shop. This shop is open twice a week and residents come and choose items of clothing they need
- Provide training for the staff on an ad hoc basis in areas such as interpersonal skills, care, communication and grief